1.31.2009

So the gig is up!!!!

I can’t believe that it has been over a month since my last post. Sorry for those that read, although I thing the only people that check here on a regular basis is the family and they pretty much know what is going on. For those that check in from time to time that I have no idea about, SORRY!

It seems like Christmas was so long ago already. There has been so much that has happened since then. We had a great Christmas. We really kept it low key this year as Deb and I both had to work right up until late afternoon on Christmas Eve. We were able to run over to Pa’s house and give him his present. We all chipped in and got him a Radio player that plays Records, Tapes, CD’s, has and AUX input, and can convert anything to CD. We were all pretty excited to give it to him and I think he really liked it. Later that night we also did our tradition of visiting Mom’s grave site and lighting candles in paper sacks. Each year it seems like there is more and more folks that do that. This year was just like last year, very cold, very windy, and very snowy. Here is some video footage of our visit. It isn’t great because we were freezing, and there isn’t much light. We always miss mom, but Christmas time is always hard as it was her favorite time of year, at least that is how it seemed to us. She loved getting the Christmas decorations up, all the lights, and her Christmas Friends. She collected stuffed animals for years and had a huge collection.

Brande came out for a visit on her birthday, Jan 2nd. She was able to bring Porter out with her. It was really nice to see her. He is such a happy little guy. I think it was a real eye opening to Anistyn. She has always had all the attention she wanted. This was the first time that there was someone else that was the center of attention. Brande, Deb, Anje, Porter and Rae went to visit Grandma Nada to learn how to make the “secret family recipe caramel’s”, and when they got in the truck to head over Rae asked “Is it all going to be about Porter?” If she thought that was bad, she is in for a rude awakening.

Brande was here for a week, but just missed welcoming Anje’s baby girl. Gabriele was born on Jan. 12th at 9:00 pm. Lee was overdue by a week, so she was finally induced. It was funny to watch as things seemed to progress really slow throughout the day, then everything sped up really quick and Baby Gabe was here. She is a beautiful little girl. You can visit her blog by clicking on Castle9mm over to the right to see all her pictures. They tell her story better than I could.

In the meantime, Deb and I found out what flavor our new addition is going to be. I have to state for the record that I really didn’t care to find out on this one. I would be happy either way. Deb really wanted to find out so we did a few weeks ago. We decided to keep it a secret from everyone else. Deb wasn’t sure that she would be able to NOT tell. So I conjured up a plan to keep her motivated. I offered up the purchase of a brand new Coach bag if she could keep it under wraps. She told me that “Coach is kinda out”, so I proposed a brand spanking new Rhule bag, and the bet was on. I actually felt that I was going to be a few hundred bucks short, after the first week of not telling everyone. What’s funny is that everyone seemed to think that we were doing this just to spite them. I imagined how cool it would be, to just come out of the delivery room and introduce our new daughter/son. The other funny phenomenon was that most people got ticked that we weren’t spilling the beans. It almost got funny how mad people would get that we I wasn’t letting them know. Some people from work thought that it was a great idea, and other’s wanted to know. I kept telling them that their life wouldn’t change one bit if they knew or didn’t.

The other funny thing that happened was that Deb and I would sometimes slip. For the first little while that she was pregnant, we both though that it was going to be another little girl. Then after about a month or two, we started feeling that it was a boy. About a month back, Deb started thinking it was a girl again. During those periods, we would refer to the baby as he or she, rather than it. So when we told people that we weren’t telling they would try to trick us. I found myself slip quite a few times calling the baby She, and on occasion He. So we had a handful of people thinking one of us had slipped and they were certain we were having a girl. And we had another handful of people, heard us slip the other way and they thought that we were having a boy. For the last three weeks, I have had so much fun watching people read things into what I was saying. I would say things meaning one thing, and people would read into it that they knew the sex of the baby. I was certain that Grandma Carol, and Anje and Jerry thought we were having a little girl.

Well, last night, Deb let the cat out of the bag and she told her mom. So the gig is up, and I don’t have to purchase a new bag. If you haven’t guessed by now from the background, we are having a little boy. We are really excited for the new adventures of a little boy. We love our little princess to death, and know she will make a great big sister.

We hope everyone is well and if you find some time, drop us a line and let us know what is happening in your lives. I promise to be better about keeping updated.
Here are some links to Rae's Christmas.
1 2 3 4 5 6

1 comments:

Anje said...

CONGRATS you guys! You're right, we were convinced it was a girl. We are SO excited for you and can't wait to meet HIM! :) We love you guys!