11.26.2008

Christmas Cookies

The other night Anistyn threw a fit because she wanted some Christmas cookies. I told her that for her to get cookies she would have to be a good girl and eat all of her dinner. The really funny part of this was that she was in tears when I was telling her this and as soon as the deal was struck she tried changing to her happy face. I wish I had a camera because it was so fake that it was almost freaky. So she ate all of her dinner and whilst she was finishing I headed off to the store to get some sugar cookie mix and some Christmas cookie cutters. When I got back she was finished with her dinner and ready to make cookies. So I let her help me mix in the ingredients and we started making cookies.
Then it was onto the frosting. It had been a while so I asked Deb how she made frosting. Deb disappeared for a minute and came back with a recipe in mind. I said "you just went in there and called your mom didn't you!"
By then I had already found a recipe from the cookbook. I used the vanilla that we got from Cozumel. It's the real authentic stuff. So I finished the cookies and began frosting them. I finished and gave one to Rae and she took one bite and put the cookie down. "I don't like that frosting Daddy, I am ready for my bath now!" I stood there dumbfounded for a few seconds. I told her "You gotta be killing my guys", and got her into her bath. She hasn't touched the cookies since.

One a side note, she keeps telling me that Pa is taking her to the North Pole. He called last week to see about taking Rae with them to ride on the Polar Express. It's the Heber Creeper train ride that simulates the story. I told her that Pa was taking her and that they would read, get a cookie and some chocolate milk on the Polar Express Train. She is very excited.

0 comments: